Thursday, February 3, 2011

Jell-O Mocktails & Cocktails!

Hi ya'll! Shelby, here! I have a stupidly simple tutorial for everyone under 21, and my Fiance will be guest posting (kinda) with the same tutorial for everyone over 21! Really easy recipes with a dash of awesomeness!


This is all you need! Well, honestly, all you need is the Jell-O mix and water, but to make it all fancy and awesome, you can add cool containers! (For us it was the martini glass and shot glasses!) Go ahead and prepare the Jell-O according to the directions on the box, but instead of pouring into single bowls, pour into martini glasses or another speciality glass. It's an instant upgrade to any simple Jell-o!


Yummm! Go ahead and add a bit of whipped cream and you've got yourself a wonderful little dessert!


And... As many of you know, I do not drink alcohol, but the Fiance does! So, I've asked him to put a spin on the Jell-O mocktails I've shown you and add some "happy juice"! Hahahah... Well, here he is!

The Fiance... Totally Awesome

Hey! It's the Fiance. If you want to make these "Jell-O Mocktails" into "Jell-O Cocktails" all you have to do is prepare the Jell-O according to the directions on the box, and let it chill, so it's not scalding hot (you don't want the alcohol to burn out!) but also, not hard. Pour approximately 8 ounces (roughly 8 shots... Or even more if you wanna have a lot of fun!) of your favorite "happy juice", I prefer vodka for Jell-O shots, but there are a lot of recipes online for different combinations. I don't buy the top-self liquor for these, the generic brands work perfectly. Stir Jell-O and pour into desired containers (I love the tall shot glasses) and let it set! Enjoy responsibly, and only if you're over 21!

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to add chopped up fruit to it for an even more yummy treat! (I use canned mixed fruit in lite syrup when I make mine).

    ReplyDelete