Monday, January 31, 2011

Short... But, Oh, So Sweet

Hey everyone, it's Shelby! The past few days have been pretty hectic for me but, as always, they've been very good! Bonnie and I went to a Bridal Show yesterday (along with the Fiance and his Momma!) and it was so fun! It was the first Bridal Show any of us had been to, so it was definitely a brand new experience. Lots of vendors, lots of other Brides and free goodies! We had this Almond Cake with Chocolate Kahlua frosting that was SO DELICIOUS, even the Fiance loved it, and he's usually so picky! Anyways... Because I haven't had much time, and because I don't have much time tonight, (I have my first day of work at a new job tomorrow!) I won't be doing a tutorial today, but I will be showing you some of the things I've done lately!


First off is a Rosette necklace, adapted from Craftify It! I'll post a link to it at the end of this post!


It's definitely one of the easiest crafts I've made in a very, very long time! Well, except for this next craft...


Super simple (and super adorable!) tray! I've noticed a lot of blogs featuring something called "Mod Podge", and I had never heard about it... But, let me tell you something: It's amazing.



I bought the tray, scrapbook paper (the hearts), the paint, and the Mod Podge all from Hobby Lobby, for super cheap, most on sale! I then painted the tray brown (just a few coats), cut out the hearts, and Mod Podged (is that the right past tense?) them away! It's still not quite done, I'm going to paint the bottom brown and possibly Mod Podge some more hearts on to the sides or something!

Hopefully, I'll find some extra time this week to feature a real tutorial for you to enjoy! Until then, have an odd day! (Get it? Hehehe) Oh! And I'm linking up to: Craftify It

3 comments:

  1. These are awesome! Especially the tray. Know what song is on the hearts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question, Logan! I have an extra piece of the same scrapbook paper, and I'll try to sight-read it! Maybe I'll post what I come up with? :)

    <3 S

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tray idea was a good one!

    ReplyDelete