Thursday, January 27, 2011

How To Keep Your Cats From Killing You...

"The quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach."

It's Shelby, again! And clearly, whoever said this originally, has never had a cat whose food bowl was empty. They can be quite evil, us cat-owners know. But, don't worry! Tiger-Lily and Alice's bowls are both very full! Today, I decided to try something very new... Making my (well, their) own kitty treats! My Mom and Step-Dad bought me some "make your own cats treats" for Christmas! And here they are!!:



Adorable, huh? I love that fishy cookie cutter!!


The simplest directions EVER! Add water!

Pretty easy dough, too! Although, this is when the cat-treat smell become a little overbearing!


Go ahead and roll out the dough, you DO want your kitties to eat their treats in the shape of fish, right? Oh, you don't think cats care about what shape their food is in? Yeah, me neither.


Cut out the shapes, and put onto parchment paper...


Put cookie sheet into 450 degree oven for approximately 12 minutes (I couldn't get to the oven right when the timer came out because I was talking to my (super awesome!) future Mother-In-Law on the phone so it may have been in there for a little longer!)

Here they are! All baked and what-not. Although, they seem kind of large for kitties (more like the size of a dog-treat) so I decided to make some smaller ones...


In the shape of hearts!! <3 These are much smaller, and more cat-like.


Go ahead, throw them in a cute treat container and let the kitties enjoy! (I would not recommend people tasting them... Although, I may see if my Fiance would be up for it! Hahaha)


Tiger-Lily's taste test...

Alice's taste test...


These were super easy to make! At first, both cats just starred at the treats (probably because of the strange human standing in front of them with a funny device that flashes!), but TL got right at it and loved it! Alice batted hers around for quite sometime, but finally ate it! Looks like they love them! Oh... And here are some pictures of the wonderful kitties:

Tiger-Lily

Alice... Cuddling with the Mad Hatter, of course!


1 comment: