Sunday, January 23, 2011

Chicken & Rice

Hey-ayy! Shelby, here! Do you have a go-to recipe? The recipe that you might have barely anything in fridge and pantry, but you can still make an absolutely delicious meal? Well, I do! And now you do, too!


This. Chicken and rice is the ultimate comfort food for me, my family, and my fiance! It is probably the simplest real meal I can make! (I say "real meal" because macaroni and cheese and hot dogs cannot feed college kids for very long) My Mom taught me how to make this when I was 14, and I've been loving this ever since! Oh! And just to show you how totally amazing my mother is, she made this recipe up! How ridiculous is that?! I am so appreciative of having a great Mom that makes up her own recipes! It is so easy, only a few ingredients, and it tastes so GREAT!


First, get three cans of "Cream of ____" soup. I generally prefer to have two Cream of Chickens, and one Cream of Broccoli, but this time I improvised with celery (it's what my Mom normally uses). Throw them into a big pot! And add one can of water, and one stick of butter. It's gonna look gross, but trust me, it's so worth it!


Add 2 cups of Minute rice and bring to a boil. Put raw chicken breasts and part of the rice mix into a casserole dish.


Now put the rest of the rice mix on top of the chicken....


Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour (depending on your oven).


And: enjoy! Holy YUM!


Hope I did well on my first tutorial... Oh! And everyone already knows that I am getting married (obviously, to the most wonderful man in the entire world!) and Bonnie is my Maid of Honor! I asked her (well, proposed to her, technically!) yesterday at the Farmer's Market. I absolutely loved the bread she bought (we made squirrel pot pie and cut up the rosemary bread she got! YUM!) and I got some AWESOME Raspberry Honey, Kettle Corn and Cotton Candy! Yesterday was a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shelby! Actually, I think I got this recipe from Aunt Francis... but, hey, it's still good anyway!

    ReplyDelete