Saturday, March 5, 2011

Red Flowers In Her Hair



Bonnie and I went to Claire's the other day. Yes, the preteen store that sells stuffed animals, Justin Bieber merchandise (yikes!), and fake jewelry. You know what? They have the cutest hair stuff, EVER! I found an adorable flower clip... For $7. SEVEN DOLLARS. That is ridiculous! It's fabric glued onto a clip. It cost them, what, like a dollar to make ten of them? I decided I could easily make some hair things for myself... So, I set out a mission. I already have everything I need... So this project, for me, is completely free! Yay!

First off, you're gonna need:

  • Some Fabric (I used an old red shirt... Got it for $2! But it just never fit me right!)
  • Fabric Glue and/or Needle & Thread
  • Scissors
  • Hair Clips

Just as a side note... These pictures are pretty terrible. I had gone through and taken pictures originally (great shots, too!) but found out I didn't have my memory card in! Dang!


Anyways! For the first hair accessory, I made a rose. To do this, cut up the fabric into strips, and then slowly wrap them around each other. While doing this, I folded some of the strips over, and did some higher than the others. Keep adding strips until you feel like it's large enough, all the while, adding fabric glue (or sewing it)...


I ended the rose around here... It was starting to get heavy because of the fabric I had used. After you feel like you've finished, glue a small piece of fabric onto the back, this way your clip has something to hold onto.


(Sorry for the blurry picture) You can probably see the little flap I have there... It's for the clip to go into, that way you don't have to have a clip for each accessory, and you can just transfer the clips from flower to flower!


Here it is with the clip on the fabric... Also, wearing pajamas! That's how I roll.


Tiger-Lily was quite interested in it!


This is what it's like in hair! Sorry, my hair was still wet! I wouldn't suggest actually wearing them in your hair while it's wet though... Could ruin the fabric! And that would be so sad. So, anyways... I made a bow (you know how much I love bows!) and another little ribbon flower with a ric-rac rosette! I feel like the bow is pretty much self-explanatory, but I'll show you some pictures anyways!


Most bows are made with ribbons, but I decided to do mine in fabric. I used fabric glue for the edges, to straighten them out and then decided that I would sew the middle in order to bring it together...


Here it is, all gathered and what not. Add a ribbon and glue it on!


Put the clip in behind and enjoy it's adorableness!


Here's a picture of the ribbon flower, as well... I'm not a huge fan of this one, but it would be perfect for a young girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment